Photobucket

Monday, April 15, 2013

NYC Kyary Pamyu Pamyu Concert

Guess who I saw perform last night?!





Kyary Pamyu Pamyuuuuuuu!♥ ♥ ♥ Can you can tell how much I adore this qt pie?!
When I first saw PonPonPon, my first reaction was 'what the heck this girl is cute but what the heck'. After watching it a few times more, I started to hum PonPonPon on an impulse. The song got super catchy so I decided to put PonPonPon as my ringtone... and I eventually fell in love with her fashion, music, and her super bubbly personality. She is really beyond cute!
So seeing her in NYC yesterday was like a dream. I'm super glad she decided to have a world tour!
I heard Yasutaka Nakata (from Capsule/producer for Perfume and Kyary) and Sebastian Masuda (6% DOKI DOKI) was also in NYC, but unfortunately, I didn't get to see them ;; 

The line was super looong and it took us a while to get into the venue. But we had so much fun looking at all the unique outfits everyone on the line was wearing! Everyone was decked out in Harajuku / Japanese Street fashion! It was pretty great.

In front of the Best Buy theater, ready to go in. I snapped quick pictures of Times Square while waiting for the line to move.
My friend while she takes pictures of Time Square. She is focused...

We entered the Best Buy theater at around 7:20PM and sat near the back because everyone else was in the front and they were too tall. We still had a good view (✿´◡`✿)


Woooooo it's Kyaaary!♡♡ Her first outfit was her 'Furisodeshon' dress and aah we started to scream when she came out to the stage. The whole entire time, I was asking myself "IS THIS REALLY KYARY" or "AM I DREAMING" It was awesome seeing Kyary in the flesh (✿◠‿◠) The back dancers were really energetic and in sync too!

A little later, Pamyurin the bunny came out and did a little dance. The bunny has little red dots as nipples and a heart that says (KPP) on its' butt! Supposedly Kyary draws Pamyurin in her signature. Cute! After seeing Pamyurin dance, I was tempted to buy Pamyurin merchandise online eheheh (Although I have to cut down on online shopping)
Kyary's English was adorable! Throughout the performance, she would ask the audience, "Enjoy desuka?!" And between the songs she would explain the songs and the meanings behind them! She told the audience about her time in New York and what she did before she entered the Best Buy theater. She told us she went to watch the Blue Man group perform! And she added "they were very blue". So cute aaah
I liked this outfit a lot (●´∀`●)

She ended with 'Tsukema Tsukeru' (one of my favorite songs) and the show ended there /cry I really hope I can see her again when I visit Japan!
We left the Best Buy theater at around 9:30 and we took pictures of people! (We asked, of course!) I was able to take only one because my friend decided to take the rest of the pictures!

They both looked very lovely!

The concert was a success! ♪ I hope Kyary is getting some rest before she goes to Singapore to perform. Apparently she performed in LA two days before the show in NYC, so it must've been very busy for her. It was a great experience for us too. Singing along to her songs were so much fun! ♪
I'm looking forward to Invader Invader's release soon in May! She performed it and Yasutaka added dubstep to it (it was good!)

Now I can cross out 'See Kyary perform' on my bucket list~( ´,_ゝ` )

2 comments:

  1. Hello~ You're so lucky to attend kyary's concert! ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
    I recently read your blog and you have awesome taste in music! (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

    ReplyDelete